Ghost Town: Chapter 2

I’m normally an energetic person. But that all ended today... I stare at the creature. It stares back. Its long, slimy tongue reaches extremely close to my face. I wish I had made better choices, I think to myself. The truth is, I really could have… I hurried down the path. I was late. I darted around for I’d say, 10 minutes. Once I reached the place, I sighed. “Late for class again I see?” My teacher said, in her high, squeaky voice. “Yes…” I sighed. “At least you didn’t miss lunch,” She screeched. “I-I’m sorry,” I murmured. I sat down. I reached in and grabbed my lunch. Another tasteless sandwich, by my father of course. He always gave me tasteless food. He hated me… On the floor I saw a battery, layered in it’s white, fuzzy, leaked battery acid. It must have been left there years ago, I thought. The school is never cleaned, and that’s not a joke. The one thing left off of the staff register (A piece of paper in the hall, stuck to the door of the teacher’s lounge, with a list of all the teachers and other staff) is one word, Janitor.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lurch

The Lab

Pursuit